StacheTats - "Contest"--or not

Recently I entered a contest hosted by a small company called StacheTats (mustache temporary tattoos) for a 128 gig iPad retina.I worked really hard to get as many "likes" on my photo as I could (ended up with 630-ish).

I was a little worried when it didn't look like anyone else was entering the contest but I thought maybe their pictures were just set as friends only. The contest was supposed to end July 31. It's now August 10 and not only have they not announced a winner, they've ignored my Facebook messages, my tweets, and my emails asking if/when they're going to announce a winner.

I'm disgusted that this contest seems to have turned out to be a scam!Avoid this company!

Review about: Contest.

Comments

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #698562

I just received an email from the company saying that they sent me a Facebook message on the 3rd (which I did not get, even in my Other inbox) and an email on the 9th (which, again, curiously I never received).They said Facebook shut down their contest in the middle of June for violating their promotions, which would make sense had they announced that fact back in June.

Instead, they kept the contest link on their website up until just a couple days ago and did not announce on any of their social media outlets OR their website that the contest had been shut down.They offered me a $500 gift card to their online store for my "inconvenience." Regardless of what really happened (which I doubt I'll ever know), I'm done with the company.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #698412

UPDATE: It's now August 12 and my inquiries continue to be ignored...they also removed the page on their website advertising the contest.